Think boxing is just standing there throwing punches? Think again ! By taking part in a one 2 one boxingtraining session using gloves & pads, you will have a full body workout. This really is high intensity cardio at its best, it will work your upper, lower body & core. You will learn the correct techniques required to throw jab, cross, hook & upper cut punches & learn how to use these in combinations & also practice defence moves. Over time you will improve your overall strength, stamina & endurance as you will learn how to utilise your body to give maximum power, strengthening & toning the whole body. A must try.
1. Fat Burning Boxing can easily burn as much as 1000 calories per session. Boxing however, has an additional benefit thanks to the fact that it is high intensity training. You see, when performing high intensity training, you not only burn heaps of calories during the session, but for hours after the training session has ended. Typical cardio activities do not have this post training calorie burning effect. Hence, boxing is your best friend when it comes to losing weight.
2. Increased Muscle Tone A typical boxer’s physique is toned and defined without a lot of bulk and that’s why it’s perfect if you really want to tone up. This is because punching is a fast repetitive action that produces toned taut muscles, in contrast to the slow, controlled, very heavy movements involved in body-building or weight lifting that produce size or bulk.
3. Build Strong Bones and Ligaments Resistance training strengthens your bones and reduces the progression of osteoporosis. In boxing, focus pads and punching bags provide resistance as does your own bodyweight when you perform pushups, pull ups, lunges, burpees and various other exercises. Your joints, tendons and ligaments will also get stronger in response to working against resistance.Using your bodyweight as can also help you maintain or increase your lean muscle mass which is absolutely critical to keeping your metabolic rate burning at maximum capacity. This is of utmost importance if you are trying to lose body fat.
4. Increased Cardiovascular Fitness Boxing is a full body movement so when you throw punches a huge number of your body’s muscles are contracting at the same time. This makes your heart and lungs work overtime to pump blood containing oxygen all around your body. Boxing will test your cardiovascular system to the max, forcing your body to adapt by making your heart and lungs better at delivering oxygen. This means that you can train at a higher intensity, giving an even greater fat burning effect.
5. Improved Muscular Endurance Boxing requires your muscles to contract repeatedly causing the muscles involved to fatigue. With training, your muscles can keep contracting for longer durations without getting tired, allowing you to train harder for longer and ultimately burn more calories.
6. Improved Core Stability Anything that causes your body to become unstable requires your core muscles to work harder to keep you balanced. Boxing requires lots of fast rotational movements and these core muscles will develop to allow you to punch hard without losing your balance.
7. Improved Strength and Power Boxing is the ultimate full body workout. Correctly thrown punches use your legs, hips, glutes, core, obliques, back, shoulders, chest and arms. Punching against resistance causes all of these muscles to contract with more force and speed, developing further your strength and power.
8. Stress Relief Sure, boxing is a fantastic physical activity that can help you get in shape, but it has psychological benefits too. Hitting stuff can make you feel really good! Take out the stresses of your normal life in a safe, controlled environment. It will leave you calm and relaxed and ready to tackle whatever curveball life throws at you next!
9.Improved Co-ordination and Body Awareness Moving lots of parts at the same time requires a good connection between your brain and your body. With patience and practice, focus and discipline can transfer over to other sports and activities.
10. Improved Confidence and Self-Esteem Mastering the techniques involved in boxing often make people feel pretty good! The better your technique, the more force you can put into your punch. The noise you hear when you land a strong, accurate punch right on the sweet spot of the focus pad is so satisfying!